When people ask Lorraine “what do you do exactly…?” she can’t quite give a straight answer!Lorraine is a creative force, driven and full of energy. Apart from singing, songwriting, writing, performing, illustrating and giving the odd singing lesson, she co-writes with other musicians, and provides scripts for BBC Wales and BBC Radio 2 radio’s thought for the day, as well as the odd bit of scriptwriting.
Recently she has started to deliver a concept show to schools working with children to promote Personal Education and Development projects and encourages them to think about the environment. She delivers a whole day of entertainment using music, poetry and storytelling using several characters she has developed, and sparks off the children’s own creativity.
She also works with the Alzheimers Society delivering their SINGING FOR THE BRAIN sessions to people with dementia and their carers. An amazing project she is delighted to be part of.
Bespoke Song Writing
A few years ago she started to write bespoke comedy songs for Companies and Organizations, basing the lyrics on details supplied, often with hilarious results. She was also part of an ad hoc series of song challenges on BBC Radio Wales, where she would write a song about anywhere the listeners requested. Currently she is producing a new album based on these songs entitled A ROAD TRIP AROUND WALES .
She has written songs for comedy musicals and has been commissioned to write about Wales in general with songs such as:
- The ‘A470’ – Wales’s answer to ‘Route 66’.
- She has the accolade of producing the longest single word song title in the world – ‘Llanfairpwllgwyngellgogerychychwyrndrowllllantisilliorgogogoch’ beating ‘Supercalifragilisticexpealidocious’ by 26 letter
- She has also penned ‘Support Your Local Independent Retailer’ highlighting the plight of Post Office closures.
- A song that promotes Wrexham’s YEAR OF CULTURE entitled ‘A Word To Rhyme With Wrexham’.
She loves to accepts a challenge, and is happiest working to a deadline, even if you want a song about a toilet roll! She will also perform her songs at events as an after dinner guest. She also has several performance characters which inhabit her life:
- Polly Patsy Tammy Pardon – Country And West Wales Singer
- Whiney – an alcohorlick blues singer – addicted to milky barley drinks
- Agnetha Falsecow, the Swedish recluse that was once part of Abba and now works as part of a comedy duo called ABBA 2 Girls.
- She is also part of THE MARTINI BELLES duo and this is a particular love of hers to sing songs from the 1940’s and 50’s
This is why, Lorraine’s life is full of craziness… and its about to get a little bit crazier still in 2014. Watch this space!